Product Recommendations for Expecting and Breastfeeding Mothers
How to use Epionce during one of the most exciting, and overwhelming, times of a woman’s life. The warnings and words of caution for which products to use while pregnant can be confusing. You can be assured that, aside from a select few, Epionce products are generally safe to use while pregnant and breastfeeding.
Epionce products NOT recommended for use while pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Lite Lytic Tx, Lytic Tx, Lytic Sport Tx, MelanoLyte Tx and MelanoLyte Pigment Perfection Serum
- All chemical peels, including Lite Peel: Refresh and the Epionce Peel System
Epionce & Stretch Marks
Three things occur during pregnancy that impact stretch marks on the skin:
1. Hormone production As collagen is being produced by the body, it is preferentially being sent to baby so the mother’s collagen decreases.
2. Changes in oil production This leads to more damage of the skin barrier and inflammation in the skin – which can lead to thinning of the skin.
3. Higher cortisol levels While cortisol stimulates growth in the baby, it inhibits the repair of collagen in the mother’s skin that is damaged when the belly is stretching to accommodate baby.
Extreme Barrier Cream helps prevent stretch marks because it encourages collagen production and reverses atrophy occurring in the skin. It also repairs the barrier and helps to stop the inflammatory response.
Please note: You should check with your GP or midwife before using any products whilst pregnant or breastfeeding.